Equifax credit monitoring
Everyone who does business with Desjardins—members and clients alike—can now sign up for the Equifax credit monitoring service for 5 years.
Furthermore, former members and former clients who received in-caisse, in-store and credit card financing products can also take advantage of Equifax credit monitoring for up to 5 years.
Members and clients who want to view their Equifax credit report and receive notifications of key changes to their credit will need to:
- request an activation code by December 31, 2020
- sign up for Equifax by March 31, 2021
How to sign up for the Equifax credit monitoring service
1. Fill out a form to get an activation code
Before you can sign up for the Equifax monitoring service, you’ll need to request an activation code by filling out a short form.
Once you’ve filled out this form, we’ll send you a letter with a single-use activation code for Equifax.
To sign up, you’ll need to:
- have a Canadian mailing address (P.O. boxes don’t count)
- have an email address
- be at least 18 years old
- have a credit file (you must already have a credit card, mortgage or line of credit)
Request your Equifax activation code – External link. This link will open in a new window.
2. Sign up for the Equifax credit monitoring service using your activation code
Once you receive the activation code, just follow the 5-step procedure to sign up for the Equifax monitoring service.
How to sign up for Equifax monitoring service
If you’ve signed up for credit monitoring from Equifax, you’ll be informed automatically of any changes or events related to your credit report.
Different types of alerts you may get from Equifax and what they mean